Friday, August 2, 2013

i'm back

  Hey. I'm back. And I've been putting off blogging, not because I don't want to write, but because I have too much to write about! I'd much rather expand a piddly bit of news into a lengthy epistle instead of condensing days of lively living into a readable, bloggable portion. So I will endeavor to touch and go on whatever topics flit through my mind!
  The aged phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover" definitely applies to cupcakes as well! It could be restated as "Don't buy a chocolate cupcake from a Publix bakery just because its towering with chocolate curls and frosting." It. was. NASTY. I'm not kidding. Ask Melanie, she'll agree! Ever since we ate the "thing" masquerading as a cupcake last Saturday, I've been hankering to get in the kitchen and bake the real deal! Danl was gone last Fri. - this Mon to help instruct a firearms class in TN. I missed him. But I tried to keep my mind off my lonesomeness by accomplishing gobs of stuff, socializing, and partying! I went to Anthony and Katie's for banana pudding on Friday, stayed up til one o'clock rearranging the living room, took Mel with me to the beach on Sat, we got clouded out so ended up shopping and reading my old diaries in Starbucks over yummy coffee and that terrible chocolate cupcake, {insert: ancient diaries from my teenage years are appalling!! Help! But they are quite fascinating as well!} had a great supper and evening at Daniel and Anne's, played Foodie Fight with friends, taught Sunday School, dined on Dad's grilled pork chops, stayed up til 1 again finishing the new living room look, {love it!} and finally welcomed Danl home again on Monday! Whew! Then I packed up and left for MS on Tuesday with Priscilla, Mom, and Aunt Donna. {Priscilla gave me a beautiful painting of a black cityscape silhouette again a red sky with two birds on the wire! She is so talented! I adore it.} Talk about taking separate vacations. We aren't having marriage issues I assure you! It just worked out this way! We stopped at the bakery in Livingston for lunch and pie, and a caramel pecan roll, and donuts, and sweet roll twist thingies, and.... :) didn't eat this all at once in case you were wondering! Toured the new mansion Home at Oakwood. It is AMAZING! I know Gramps will love their new suite over there even though it's quite a bit smaller than their cottage. Listened to some couples sing over at the old Home. Aunt Donna and I slept next door at Amanda's house since she was gone. That worked well; I could make all the mess I wanted without getting on Grandma's nerves! We picked out some new snazzy glasses for Grandma in Westpointe. Feasted on a breakfast supper of egg pancakes and home canned sausage, then listened to memories of Kirby, the sweet little 11 year old boy that was killed in a tragic farm accident on Monday...so sad! Had a hearty oatmeal breakfast the next morning. I cut out a dress while we listened to the funeral. Mom grilled fish and shrimp and Uncle Ward's came for lunch. All too soon we were on our way home again! But it's really good to be with my hubby again! And our three dogs. That's a whole 'nother story. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I know all about the seperate vacations! Kelly was gone all last week to Iowa and then I was gone all this week to a fishing camp way out in the middle of nowhere cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya that's how it works sometimes! kinda crazy but you gotta do what you gotta do!! :)

      Delete