Friday, August 9, 2013

the land where the trees grow upside down...

  Here's a poem that I found stuck in one of my old diaries... It was the inspiration for a painting I created last fall. I tried to find this poem then, but couldn't locate it anywhere, and had finally given up looking. Needless to say, I was delighted to happen upon it during my "reading old diaries frenzy" the other day! I think I wrote it when I was 17, in 2002.

The Land Where the Trees Grow Upside Down
The land where the trees grow upside down,
And the clouds drift along below...
Down into that mystical, watery world
Is where I long to go.
Where the sun shines up from
Down in the deep...
Waking the soul
who was fast asleep.
This world can be glimpsed
By one and all I know.
Just step on the clouds
With the blue sky below.
Let your mind run free,
Let it dream and dance!
Even a pond can be a magical world
If you just give it a chance!
-Sharon Faircloth-
{written in 2002, age 17}
 
Speaking of ponds, Danl is being the super sweet fun uncle and is fishing with Jacob and Neil as I type! He wanted to have them spend the day with him doing "manly" things! They shots guns this morning and I brought them Whataburger for lunch. Since I stayed home from fishing to sew, I had better get with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment