Saturday, February 16, 2013

the weekend

Now I am like millions of others the world over! The WEEKEND has become a big deal to me! Before teaching, Friday and Saturday were much like any other days of the week; busy of course, but not really different from Tuesday or Thursday! Now, as I drag myself out from under the toasty covers at 5:30 each morning, I spur myself on with the thoughts such as, "I can sleep in on Saturday!" But that didn't truly happen today as Daniel needed to be up at 6:50 and I wanted to make him an egg etc. But I will treasure my extra hour and 20 minutes anyway! Had a good week at school overall, although the weather wasn't conducive for the most part for playing outside and wearing off sufficient energy! If anyone is looking to redistribute their wealth, WHCS would be most grateful for funds to build a gym!!! Thursday was Happy Heart Day! I hadn't gotten my allergy shots all week, so had to get those, plus get some groceries. Normally, I have purchased a card and Valentine for Daniel weeks in advance. Not this year! I was scrambled at Fred's Super Dollar store the evening of the Day! Not cool! Daniel hadn't bought mine either, so he had instructed me to pick out something from him to me as well! LOL! I chose a single, long-stemmed, red rose and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms! I got him some gummy bears and caramel milk-chocolate hearts. So we were both happy! We had planned to grill steaks and have a romantic evening at the house since neither of us was in the mood to be out on the town amidst swarms of people. But, since Wade and Rhonda were planning to cook at the house too, she had invited us to valentine with them! We had a terrific supper of hibachi chicken and vegetables, fried rice, egg drop soup, lettuce salad with fresh ginger dressing, and ice cream topped with homemade Magic Shell chocolate sauce and cherry pie filling. Last night, we were privileged to have a Mexican feast of chicken fajitas, rice, beans, chips, salsa, and cream puffs at Daniel and Anne's along with Wade's and Glendon's. It's still hard for me to believe that next Friday we will be helping Glendon and Annie pack their belongings into a MOVING truck! Sob, sob...... WHY do our friends end up leaving us one by one?! But, I will choose not to dwell on the sad things of life, and rather focus on my tremendous TO-DO list facing me today! Want to read it? Here goes!

1. pick up and put away all clutter throughout the house
2. dust
3. vacuum
4. mop
5. clean bathrooms
6. wash sheets
7. fold towels and do 3 more loads of laundry
8. pay bills
9. plan next week's meals
10. clean out and wash car
11. get groceries
12. go to school

Once at school, this is my list for there!
1. finish checking
2. make lesson plans
3. print reading verses
4. copy pictures for the kids to color during story time
5. contact "book hand-in slots" onto back counter
6. type up "quizzes & tests for this week" paper to send home to parents
7. make sample art project
8. clean out and reorganize my desk
9. highlight the test and quiz material in my 6th grade Geography teacher manual and in 4th Science manual
10. take down winter decorations
11. hang bright-colored fans that they made for art yesterday from ceiling
12. type up science worksheets

Surely since things are "cheaper by the dozen" TO-DO lists should be "easier by the dozen" right?!

2 comments:

  1. Was good to hear from you! Glad you had a good week at school! I DO wish you would have a gym for those rainy days! Im always so thankful that my boys can still play energetic games at school even on rainy days! Hope you get those 'lists' tackled today! I've got a pretty long one too, but not quite that long!!! Yours made me feel tired!! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still play quite active games in our auditorium, such as Capture the Flag, Long-Jump, Red Light Green Light, and Kings Base, but the result is continuous commotion for the classes that are trying to have class along with many stubbed toes and carpet burns! lol! I didn't get everything done yesterday...tried to hit the most important things and am trying to finish up today! :)

      Delete