Monday, February 4, 2013

practice kindness with a swath of sunshine!

 
 
 
I have a thing with computer desktop backgrounds! Don't you just love my new one for February? I'm thinking it would make a striking bulletin board at school too! I need to be daily reminded of this wise advice. Check out this website which is filled with fab options, http://www.thefoxisblack.com/category/the-desktop-wallpaper-project/ and choose yourself a new background to match your current inspiration!
 
Wednesday is our 100th Day of School! {but only my 7th!} My class color is CRAYOLA yellow! or SUNSHINE yellow, or BANANA yellow! Whatever suits your fancy! We are aspiring to have collected 100 items of yellow paraphernalia by Feb. 6, and will also be WEARING as much yellow clothing on that day as possible! That said, I have a problem! The only yellow things I have to wear are a yellow watch that doesn't work, and a quilted yellow jacket from the thrift store that Rhonda nabbed for me. But, what if it just isn't cold outside?! I think this is a crazy idea, but I am planning to run down to JoAnn Fabrics after school tomorrow to buy a swath of sunshine and hopefully, magically, somehow, turn it into an article of clothing before Wednesday morning! Crazy is as crazy does, but sometimes like the saying goes,
"CRAZY just might work!"

4 comments:

  1. oh, my! Wish you coulda had your yellow dress all cut out this morn and I coulda sewed on it... Frantically sewed one for Kaylee yesterday... Crazy might just get it done tho'! Good Luck and get your zzzzzzz's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you get it done? At least its a cheery color! And I sure woulda sewed it for you (if I was close by)! Wishes I could see your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! :) Nes saved the day tho, by getting the fabric for me on her way home from work! Awesome that I didn't have to make a trip down there! I had a lot of schoolwork to do though, and only started it after it came out of the wash at 9. Sewed solid for 3.5 hours and finished it at 12:30! EEEk! definetly have some zzz's to get put into my sleep bank this week for such a glarely discrepancy!

      Delete