Thursday, June 21, 2012

a (somewhat) pithy post

Because I know how verbose I can be when I have a lot on my mind, I will relieve my thoughts with a few concise bullets here instead of in a rambling post that gives you "Finger Scrollitis!"

1. We are back home! :)

2. Guntersville is a great place to spend Father's Day. (or any day for that matter!)

3. Diesel and Leroy are now "Blistering Bulldogs!" That bleaching shampoo they use at the K9-Kleaners really does the job.

4. I am the ripe, old age of 26 years and 3 days.

5. Dad's poor blackberry bushes were glad to see the last of me! I scoured them relentlessly for ripened fruit.

6. My chocolate birthday cake with chocolate frosting was scrumpdiddlyumptious! (thanks, MomDenise!)

7. We love Lake Guntersville! Wednesday was the BEST!

8. Flying 10 feet in the air over the water after losing the tube is quite exhilarating until you come crashing down.

9. Wake-boarding is harder than it looks.

10. I am not particularly graceful when it comes to scaling rocks and jumping from a 15 foot peak. (what ever happened to the pretty, pointed-toe, ballerina pose I had in mind?!)

11. The "Princess and the Pea" developed a small blister while masquerading as the "Princess with the Pick Axe."

12. Danl is a much better ditch-digger than I. (too bad the swimming pool was under construction during our short but sweet vaca. We tried to help!)

13. Oreo Fluff is every bit as good as it sounds! (comment if you want the recipe, and I'll post it asap!)

14. Why does pale, white, ghastly, human, skin have to turn red, blotchy, pink, crackly, crispy, and blistered when exposed to extensive sun rays?

15. While in North AL, we were privileged to consume the following foods: (not necessarily in this order) T-bone steaks, blackberry pie, ham, mashed taters 'n gravy, Georgia salad, THE BEST raspberry jam, homemade vanilla ice cream with peaches, grilled hot dogs and sausage dogs, biscuits and gravy, breakfast egg casserole, BBQ ribs, grilled corn, sub sandwiches, great northern beans, nachos, Oreo fluff, choc. bday cake, ice cream sandwiches, more jam :), blackberries by the handful, and Diet Cokes sprinkled amidst it all! (I'm sure I didn't even get all the wonderful delicacies we stuffed our faces with listed either!)

16. One of my favorite places in the world to be is behind Danl on the 4-wheeler hangin' on for dear life!!!

17. Molly and Ginger are the sweetest horses. (Thanks for putting up with a novice rider, Ginger!)

18. The image of Dad's lil bass pond complete with the backdrop of a mouth-dropping, mountain sunset on the horizon is quite picturesque if you overlook the cow dung lining the pond banks. (Lol, we had a blast fishing catch and release though!)

19. We have the most wonderful family, near and far....wish we could spend a few days with each and every one of you!


20. Deet Deet and Seezoy LOVE their new, pink, "pig" dog toys!


 21. I need to wrap this post up so we can hit the hay and start snoozing; we both feel like a wrecking ball took a few swings at us.

22. There is nothing quite like your own bed. (no offense "O, thou most wonderful of Coleman air mattresses!")

6 comments:

  1. You're making me a little unhappy!! But we're going in August now I think so can't wait! (Maybe the pool will be done by then!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "m...a...y...b...e" we'll see y'all in August then! :) Sure hope the pool will be swimmable by then!!

      Delete
  2. Your adventures sounded exciting! And all that food! Talking of oreos, Baskin Robbin's flavor of the month ice cream is chocolate Oreo! Please and thank you! :) hope your skin has recovered from its exposure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey I missed this comment of yours! :( anyway, since it's still July, guess I haven't missed the choc oreo at BR! Thanks for the info, that's a fav flavor of mine! :)

      Delete
  3. I need the oreo fluff recipe!!!! Lol:D im drooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm posting it today. :) Been meaning to anyway!

      Delete