Monday, June 11, 2012

life goes on

My blogging has been a bit sporadic of late. I intend to mend that. We managed to stay afloat during the torrential downpours of the weekend. Diesel and Leroy were delighted at the turn of events which allowed them some quality "indoor" time! Even though I enjoyed having Daniel home today yet, I am ready to see the sun! It's still cloudy out, but at least it's not raining liquid sunshine anymore! I had a rare cleaning/organizing attack in the kitchen Saturday night around 10:00 and am so pleased with the result! :) It's amazing how much room I actually have in the cabinets when things aren't strewn haphazardly about! Most of the cabinets are still in dire need of a cleaning fit, but "easy does it" is my style! (Don't wanna get burned out right away!) I baked a carrot cake this morning and delivered it in Atmore, then had lunch with Danl and Anthony at Jalisco's. LOVE their chips and salsa! Hit the spot! Dirt Cheap was next on the agenda. Felt like a good amble was timely since I've been so good at staying outa there for a while now! I was rewarded with a woven basket - $1.50, a green plastic organizer thingy - $1.25, 2 dishtowels $.50 each, and, most exciting! (NOT!) laundry detergent $2.99!!! Neil is spending the evening with us while Wade, Rhonda, and Jacob are at VBS. They should be here anytime now. Maybe he'll want to go pick some blackberries with me....I've been hankering after a fresh blackberry cobbler with ice cream and an iced coffee on the side.....It's definitely time to make Pioneer Woman's iced coffee again! That recipe will be posted here shortly since I've been waking up with cold coffee on my mind instead longing for my normal hot brew.

6 comments:

  1. Is it kind of like the motto "somtimes I get in the mood to clean but then I lay down until it passes" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YES!! :) I should adopt that one as my new slogan!

      Delete
  2. Wow nice page!! Looks a little more like you than the other one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the other one was a quick desing and it just DIDN'T jive with me at all!

      Delete
  3. I made Pioneer Women's Iced Coffee last summer and loved it. I have been freezing the left over coffee from the pot in little cubes. Later in the day I put them in the blender with a small amount of water, sugar and powdered milk. I use powdered milk 'cause I don't buy skim and I try to do it with least amount of calories as possible. I really like the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! was time for a new 'do! :) That sounds like a good idea with the "coffee cubes". I love Pioneer Woman's iced coffee with lots of sweetened condensed milk, but its def calorie OVERLOAD!

      Delete