Tuesday, September 4, 2012

time for a real post and a new look!

It doesn't look like the "follow by email" feature is working. But I will leave it on the page awhile longer and see if anyone can get it to work. On a brighter note, how do you like the new look? :) I thought it was high time to post a "real" post and give this blog a much-needed makeover! Only scattered thoughts are coming to mind though, so here goes!

It's raining and pouring and the old man isn't snoring! He's grumpy it's raining AGAIN!

Sewing Day at church was a blast....I love quilting, other than stabbing myself repeatedly with my needle!

I have only sewed two dinky seams on my yellow and white dress for Rusty's wedding.

I'm so pleased I was able to churn out 10 cards at the card making party I attended yesterday, even though my cards are sadly lacking in splendor compared with the ones the other girls made!

I completed a conquest to annihilate a slimy, green, tree frog that made the mistake of hopping into our house yesterday morning. After sending a pleading prayer upwards for help and courage, I dashed about the living room as I fogged the poor frog with Off insect spray until he hopped his last hop and I breathed a grateful sigh of shuddering relief! Why do I have to be so terrified of the pitiful little things?!

Emma by Jane Austen is my current Nook classic. So far, so good.

A 9' x 12' painter's dropcloth makes a wonderful couch slipcover! We love the sturdy look and the oatmeal color.

My husband is a master gunsmith. If you need proof, just check out the state of our kitchen table! "Ahem!" (trying to be thankful we have a "good" place for him to work on guns!)

Inspiration hit the other day to paint a wild and colorful, abstract, coffee-themed painting. Come to my "gallery" and check it out! lol

Sometimes Chinese takeout is what life is all about! :)


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new look:) And I haven't even sewn my first seam in my dress for Rusty's wedding:(
    Glad you got that sorry frog killed with bug spray:) Thats one thing I don't miss here I have only seen a couple of them since we have lived here:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are having a PLAGUE of them here!! Killed another one with Off last night and Danl flushed one down the toilet that had JUMPED ON HIM!!! Shudder, shudder...... I wish I could send them all up north to die!! :)

      Delete
  2. Where was the chinese from? I love the new look too! Rustic and reminds me of a barn and MUCKING OUT STALLS! Wanna join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm....NO! :) I kinny think I'll just stay home and ped-egg my feet or something important like that!

      Delete
    2. Ooops! forgot your first question! It was from Happy Palace :)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha Mel! I'll come help you for a day! I kinda miss that place. And Sharon you know I love the new look, just my style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I wasn't sure it was totally me, but decided to go with it anyway! :)

      Delete
  4. How did u slip cover it? Fling it over or actually sew it? I ADORE drop cloth:) for curtains or anything:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the "fling it" method is prevailing! :) lol I do "intend" to make a few simple seams to make it fit a bit better on the sides though.

      Delete