Monday, September 10, 2012

random thoughts of a non-brainiac

This slightly fallish weather is crisp, invigorating, buoyant!!!

Daniel was even a bit excited to cut grass again today since he hopefully wouldn't be dripping sweat in 5 minutes.

My dress for the wedding is begging to be completed.

Yesterday was a relaxing day with friends - a mixture of church, guns, dogs, cake, and grilled burgers!

Saturdays are the best! Especially when they end in a supper at David's Catfish with family. :)

These running shoes are doing laps through my head....I want them. Badly!!!

Had a good wake-up sit outside on my bench with my coffee this morning.

It feels like every day is a "shot day" almost! It's Monday again?!

Took a few practice shots with my bow and arrows yesterday. Hunting season here I come!

Due to the porches being nearly overtaken with slimy green tree frogs of late, I am getting slightly less afraid of them. (only very slightly. Maybe. One even landed on my arm the other night, and I only had a minute's worth of histrionics and heart palpitations!)

So excited to be going shopping with my older sis tomorrow; it's been a long time since we have shopped together! (wish us luck in finding her hubby and kids the perfect shades of lavender or wine-berry shirts for the upcoming wedding!)

Will chevron be a passing trend, or is it a timeless pattern?

Our dear friend Alex is now engaged to be married to a sweet, 18 year old farm girl on November 3! Arkansas, here we come! (hopefully!)

Can't wait to see a bunch of our good friends and fam that will be down for the wedding this weekend! David and Tara, Mervin and Lydia, Philip and Twila.......So exciting! ;)

I need to start the day. My lime green white board to-do list is rather long and daunting, so I must begin to tackle it asap!

TTYL!



7 comments:

  1. Glad your having a good day! So far I have gorged on ice cream and cake! And you know to well that my patterns are always having to be made larger! sigh...
    Nice shoes! I am gonna be jealous if you buy them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol on the patterns.... :) as for the shoes, they are $85!! sigh... don't have the extra $ right now, so I will keep dreaming!

      Delete
  2. Your GONNA HAVE to do somthing about that frog business girl or I'm NOT coming over!!!!!! Can't wait to see and be with ya this weekend to!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and my OFF have gone to WAR!!! I feel like Pharoh!

      Delete
  3. just a belated comment.trying out this reply option since i finally saved your blog...no more monthly invites from you!lol!gotta tell you that i wanted those shoes, found them @ scheels...but not the color/size i had to have!love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) good to see you on here! Yeah, I'm still saving my pennies for a pair....

      Delete
  4. P S. Chevron was a passing trend. That’s all.

    ReplyDelete