Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies!

 
 


I woke today with a taste for sprinkles, and since my Confetti Cake Poptarts have all been devoured, these sprinkle-loaded blondies seemed like an awesome idea for breakfast! :) Of course I didn't quite follow the recipe.... I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and a Funfetti cake mix instead of yellow since that's what I had on hand. I put them in a round pan (since it was red and would look the purdiest!) and sadly ended up over baking them!! My worst kitchen nightmare! The recipe says around 30; I did 20 and they were already too done. But they were still moist and good, just cakey-er (is that a word?!) than pictured. So I renamed the recipe "Cake Batter Coffee Cake" and savored a wedge with my coconut coffee. Make some for yourself for a spectacular sprinklely Sunday morning breakfast tomorrow!

Cake Batter Blondies
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 -1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible. Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Pour into 8 x 8 baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 28-30 minutes (TOO LONG! Try 15 min) until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.
*The blondies will look like they are not fully done because the center will be quite gooey, but that’s what you want! After about 30 minutes of cooling, they will be easy to cut using a serrated knife.
*I have also baked these in a 11×7 baking pan at 350F for exactly 30 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I would have MOANED AND GROANED and cried if I were you! Overbaking things breaks my heart and I am filled with gloomy dissapointment when I overbake stuff! Ovens vary so and I pry would have checked them at 20 min too! I am not sure if I would like brown chocolate in them though. OH BOTHER THIS IS A LONG COMMENT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL :) yeah, the 10 years longer I existed than you have mostly dried up my tear ducts when it comes to baking defeats! I used to would have exploded in a salty fit of waterworks....

      Delete