Saturday, September 2, 2023

Simple September


I love an artful alliteration, so I’ve been pondering if this September should be Reset September or Simple September or Say No September or even Surprise Me September?? September is a delightful month which has always been “The Other New Year” to me. I adore the fresh start feel of Back to School, falling into Fall which is mostly a state of mind in the South, and the renewing of resolutions to be DILIGENT and do all the things I know and want to do. (I’ve even decided to choose a WOTY for the 2023-2024 school year! #diligent. Thanks for the idea, Karma!) Anyway, September hath arrived along with some gratifyingly rainy weather. As I’ve been ruminating while watching the raindrops spatter, what settles the most alluringly on my heart is SIMPLE SEPTEMBER. I long for empty day blocks on my calendar, No Sweat Suppers with scant dishes to do, and time to sit on my front porch (the beauty of the back porch has dissolved due to chickens and a large black dog; life is real over here!) sipping a mock Starbucks Shaken Oatmilk Espresso sweetened with homemade brown sugar cinnamon syrup while reading a book (but NOT a self-help book!) The summer was sweet; I really did feel like a tourist in my own home town! But now I’m tired, and want to stay home. This means I will have to say no, which will surprise myself and others, but will result in life feeling like it has been reset. Welcome, Simple September! 



2 comments:

  1. Carmen Nickel9/02/2023 2:59 PM

    Have to say I love the idea of simplifying … of who I really am being enough without trying to perform and do it like everyone else does…
    For me- with simplicity comes a grateful heart for all I already have been given!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much. Sweet Simple September for me! šŸ¤žšŸ¼

    ReplyDelete