Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Comfort Me With {caramel} Apples


It’s supposed to be Fall after all. But Summer hasn’t collapsed yet. It is hot and humid and happy to stay that way. While I’m waiting, I’m comforting myself with apples. Apples dipped in creamy caramel. Caramel cooked so lazily that you don’t even have to open the can of sweetened condensed milk before you cook it. I used my Instant Pot and followed these simple instructions. You should too. Then be like me and eat an apple a day to keep Summer away, each tart bite of crispy Pink Lady dunked in sweet, molten lava the color of the golden leaves that we are waiting ever so patiently to see. You can also spread this tawny sauce on toast, or dribble it deliberately over salted popcorn. Maybe, just maybe if we comfort ourselves with enough apples and copious amounts of caramel, Fall will come. 



3 comments:

  1. 🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 rating for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can buy the dulce de leche in the Mexican department (?) of Walmart!! The best Caramel tho! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of this season's apples either. The caramel sauce recipe looks right down my alley!

    ReplyDelete