Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Outside my Window on the Thirteenth of September

 


Outside my window....the barren branches of my porch pot tomato plant that was devoured (twice) by squishy fat green tomato worms taunts me with failure.

I am thinking....that I should aspire to step 12,000 steps per day!
I am thankful...that I was able to go to work at "My Real Job" aka Secretary for Faircloth Land Services today. Although spending the last two days mostly working on Comforter Committee Sewing duties was also a blessing!
In the kitchen...sits the copper cookie tin from WeCare that I use for my slop bucket. I love it as much as one can love a slop bucket.
I am wearing...an Old Navy terra cotta colored t-shirt dress.
I am creating...another batch of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Simple Syrup.
I am going...to give myself and others more grace than usual because it's Simple September. Simply love, simply give.
I am reading.... Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl. 
I am hoping...to keep on track with my Cleaning Schedule this week. I now identify as a person who cleans her house weekly!
I am looking forward to...finalizing Tax Season 2022.
I am learning...that if you want others to respect something, you first have to respect it yourself.
Around the house....real life is being lived. A Lego set half-built on the table, miscellaneous stuff from Danl's truck spread out on the couch being sorted, piles of papers on my desk.

One of my favorite things.... is hearing about Danielle's school day on the drive home. 



3 comments: