Thursday, September 21, 2023

*Meet Me for Lunch* at Xian

"Let's meet for lunch!"
Fellow foodie and friend, Shirley Unruh and I have said these words to each other for months now! Yesterday we finally made it happen at Xian Noodle Place. 

(pic from their fb page)

Shirley arrived before I did, (believe or not lol) and was animatedly conversing with the patrons in the booth next to ours. They were diehard foodies too also dining at Xian for the first time. The restaurant was spacious and clean with quiet background music playing; not many people dining. More arrived while we were there. We chose steamed pork dumplings and pot stickers for starters. Both equally delicious. For our main, I chose Braised Beef with Noodles and Shirley selected Soy Sauce Chicken with Noodles. Both bowls were savory and satisfying, but not nearly as gratifying as pho. Even though this wasn't trying to be pho, it was hard not to compare. But the star of the lunch to me was my Grapefruit Fresh Tea with Popping Peach Boba! It put the capital D in Delightful!! Both of us rated it higher than Shirley's Peach Oolong Milk Tea. 
Although I don't feel like I'll be clouted with a craving to slurp up their noodles again, I totally know I want to go back to Xian for another tea!






6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I like popping boba, just different enough to be good. Ever had an iced coffee boba? It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had an iced coffee boba! It's on my bucket list though! The Boba World is a new world to me that I'm happy to explore!

      Delete
  2. I want to also hear about the noodles. Oh for a good noodle shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodles were interesting! Almost a cinnamon flavor to the broth! I like authentic ramen and pho better. This just lacked flavor overall or something!

      Delete
  3. Shirley Unruh9/21/2023 10:01 PM

    Such a delightful lunch with another foodie. The restaurant has not changed much inside from the old owners of Pensacola. It was a Pensacola family that own it. The noodle dish was interesting. I am with Sharon. We both like The House of Pho. I do want to try another dish sometime. I will stop and get a Fresh Grapefruit tea sometime. It was the best ever. Hopefully soon we can try another new place. Pensacola is really a Foodie city, 😋😍🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that grapefruit tea was a specialty item! I could not find it on their online menu!

      Delete