Saturday, January 5, 2019

A Planner, Please!

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail..

I NEED a planner! 
Life without a planner feels pointless! 
I just kind of float around, somewhere in la la land. 
I didn't plan not to get a 2019 planner, but neither did I plan to get one before it was too late! 

I've been busy, and I've made lists, but I haven't planned my "19 for 2019!" 
(I definitely did not completely complete my "18 for 2018" but I do know I got way more of it done than had I not planned it! #anotherpost)

Rave reviews are being uttered about the Time Keeper Planner! By the people who planned ahead and ordered them before they were sold out! Argh.


Last year, I found an Eccolo planner at T.J. Maxx for only $9.99 that I loved! It had the best quotes, and instead of crossing things off, it had  these little bubbles to fill in "heavy and dark" just like achievements tests at school! lol

Image result for eccolo planner 2018

The year before, I splurged on a rad "Bando" planner. It was cool, but hardly worth the extra moolah at $32 plus shipping. 

bando planner size comparison 2

This year, I'm looking so late that they are sadly picked over! Amidst the rumpled and crumpled ones left at the T.J. Maxx in Daphne, I found a smallish green Eccolo one that's a pleasing shade of green and says, "nevertheless, she persisted." Which I adore. So I purchased it. But, it isn't spiral-bound, and it's pretty small. So I haven't marred it yet. #floaton


Image result for nevertheless she persisted green planner

Since a couple of my sisters have scored satisfactory planners at our local Walmart, I need to dash up there and check their stock!

Pursuing the perfect planner is proving to be quite a pain! I shall have to settle for something, and soon! Please tell me what planner you love, and why! Or if you even use one! 
Maybe a year of floating would be more fun...

12 comments:

  1. I 'snorted' at the 'heavy and dark' comment! Good or bad memories? Lol! I don't have a planner. But last year I think mine came from Home Sense (like Home Goods) about the beginning of summer. Maybe spring. So ya.... I can't help you much. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol 😆 good memories for me on achievement tests! I liked those days as a student and as a teacher! Just something totally different, we got to have SNACKS 😋, and oddly enough I have always loved to take tests! I love the complete quiet and the mass concentration! Weird, I know.

      Delete
  2. planners? Not me. I use a calendar with extra big day spaces & write it in, teasy, tiny. I just forget to pull out my planner & check it. The wall calendar is always where I see it. one year I did have a cool planner from Target-have you checked there? I liked that one. It would have been even better if I had used it beyond January 16 or so...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t checked Target! Great idea! I just have hardly been to the city and haven’t had a planner on my mind until I NEEDED it!! THIS is why I depend on one lol! 🤪

      Delete
  3. Ok first of all.. How to people even survive without a planner ? I have a day timer and a calendar..i end up using my calendar (Mom's plan it Calender(?) for writing in appointments etc and then my day timer as more of a diary..often the daytimers I've had have a grid calendar at the beginning of each month that I also write in appointments etc (yes I know I over do it a bit lol)
    Also I usually get ones that have stickers included so it makes it more fun!! My 2019 one is at home and I'm not home yet but I'll try to send you the names of the ones I have liked.. Amazon has lots of options..and Michael's has had some really neat ones too! Just got the Day Springs 2019 agenda daytimer for Laura from Amazon and she is in love! Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with you!! I write on a wall calendar and in my planner! Also, I’m church historian, so that means writing church happenings in it as well! I’ll have to check out the one you ordered for Laura!

      Delete
  4. I have always enjoyed the Bloom planters. They come in the prettiest of covers, and stickers. This year I'm trying the bloom wall calendar instead cuz I hardly touched my planner last year, just like I hardly cleaned my house and did much of anything besides survive with the newest baby making two under two for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To survive is to have accomplished so much in books with 2 under 2!!! Wow! I looked up Bloom planners and found a wood grain one that I am seriously considering!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

      Delete
  5. I never have had a planner. What do you write in it? 🤦‍♀️ my life must be boring. I do the same things every day. Or do you write what you did? Like a diary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you are probably just very organized! :) I write all my to-do lists, which days I'm working at the fence office, what all I need to do for Danl's business, appointments, reminders about birthday gifts, etc. etc.

      Delete
  6. Erin Condren’s Life Planner is my go-to. I love them. They aren’t cheap though. 🥴 you can upload your own cover tho so that’s fun!
    I used Time Keepers way back a number of years but need more space than they offer. My planner is my scrapbook. 😉
    Heard of Plum paper ones and checked into them a little. You can do more customizing with them.
    My daughter uses the Happy Planner. It’s a lot the same as mine except for the binding.
    There’s my two bits!

    ReplyDelete