Friday, June 7, 2013

the life i live



 Speaking of bananas, I just had one with Reese's creamy peanut butter smeared on every bite....and it's put me in the mood to write again! Hopefully being home more this summer will lend to more prolific posting. As always, abundant water hath flowed under life's bridge since my last post.

~ Diesel's tumor has apparently disappeared for the time being, {hopefully forever!} So thankful that he doesn't have to undergo surgery again!

~ Gwen's bridal shower was a shoe sensation - amazing footwear adorned nearly every foot!

~ My dress for Anthony's wedding is finally resembling an article of clothing instead of a toga. Love the vintage-look pearl buttons I found at JoAnn's.

~ Since I inadvertently read 3 books in a row that were set in New York City, The Red Leather DiaryRules of Civility, and Nanny Diaries,  I'm wishing that I could be transported there for awhile...I guess drinking coffee from my I<3 NY mug will have to suffice for now. Maybe someday I will find myself there again. And next time, I WILL wear comfortable shoes instead of stylish ones!

~ Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.... Yesterday I unearthed my 8 year old wedding shoes from the depths of our closet, and Rhonda convinced me that wearing them to Tony and Katie's wedding was the thing to do! So I will.

~ Daniel has smacked 3, maybe 4 deer night hunting this week... Of course, NONE on the night I happened to ride along! I'm convinced that I must emit a certain odor that scares them far far away!

~ My birthday looming on the near horizon has me pondering deep thoughts like usual when I am faced with the fact that I soon will have lived on this earth for 27 years.... They've been great years! Awesome years! But, have they been as great and awesome as they could have been?! That's the age-old question! Am I really living life to its full potential? To the complete capacity that my Creator has in mind for me?! Of course, I wish I could do more for others, go to the mission fields of foreign countries, travel abroad, see and experience so many things.... but money and time are severely lacking for such escapades... and one person can't do it all! Neither is piles of money the answer to a full life, because it doesn't take much depth of mind to realize the unhappiness of famous peoples who have everything they could desire to have or do at their fingertips. A simple life, a normal, day-to-day life is invaluable I know. And maybe it's really the richest life to live. But I still have wanderlust in my thoughts, and my dreams of seeing more of the world will live forever on! I suppose I'll never know if I've truly lived the best life I could have lived, but I will try to make each day magical! And until our ship comes in, I will journey the world by book and letter from those who are elsewhere...

 
Meanwhile, I have wedding cake to bake!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you will be able to post more! It helps transport my mind from my normal realm of household duties to another world for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete