Wednesday, June 19, 2013

being 27

If the rest of my 27th year on planet Earth is as lovely as today was, I'm ready for it! I slept till approximately 8 o'clock, breakfasted on the last bit of the dessert I had created for Saturday evening {I named it "Birthday Cake Gone Wild"!}, and slurped a Pioneer Woman iced coffee while reading the Bible on my nook. Then I received a terrific birthday present in the form of my dear cousin Kristi phoning from Guatemala!!! Amazing! It was so awesome to spend some wonderful quality time chatting again, just like old times! And through Skype, it was a splendid connection with no annoying speech delay! After reluctantly hanging up with her, I scurried to get around and dressed to meet Danl for lunch in Atmore. Stopped by Rhonda's on the way. Thoroughly enjoyed my cheese pizza from Subway! Danl proclaimed it a salad instead of a pizza since I have it topped to the max with piles of black olive, spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, Parmesan, salt and pepper, and oil and vinegar! It even exceeded my expectations of deliciousness! Next stop was shopping Goodys. No results. On to Dirt Cheap where I most happily ended up with two black Land's End tankini tops, one bottom, {you always want less bottom, right?!} and an adorable lil straw hat with a floral band! Once home, I forced myself to do some laundry, and partially cut out my Haiti dress. Mom and Rhonda have theirs sewed, so I must persevere! Daniel came home from work bearing Dove chocolates and the sweetest birthday card that bedazzled me with cash! Yay! Now I can shop again! Later on, after the rain let up a bit, we headed for Pensacola. First stop was the AT&T which happened to be CLOSED at the early hour of 7:50!! So we hit the kiosk in the mall to get Danl a new phone before his old one completely gave up the ghost. By the time that was all said and done, our stomachs were positively roaring! Cheddars hit the spot! I feasted on grilled shrimp over grilled tilapia with mango salsa atop a bed of rice with a side each of broccoli cheese casserole and red beans and rice. Two glasses of strawberry lemonade and one of raspberry, and I was feeling supremely satisfied. It's a good thing to turn 27. As now since I have only 2 measly minutes left of birthday blast, I shall head for bed. Good night, moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment