Monday, June 17, 2013

10 days without posting {and an ode to ice cream!}

I have words inside me that are straining to get out through my fingertips pecking on the keyboard! So I must allow it to come to pass since it has been 10 whole entire days since I last posted that...ahem! I was gonna post MORE OFTEN! Such futile words have never been spoken! It's so frustrating to go several days without writing, because then I don't know what all incidents to cover! Shall I wax poetic about the sweet and fervent love of "Mor-gwen" as they were coined? Or share my sobs of the wedding cake that bore a striking resemblance to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?! Or think of the thrilling times with family and friends that were had by all? Or grumble, gripe, and growl about the state of my lobsterish skin after basking at the beach today? Or hint of birthday that is less than an hour away..... Of the last, I shall not! For I have decided that forthwith I shall become more adultish and put away the ridiculous enthusiasm that I have for the day of my birth! But on second thought.... I think I shall just be the way I truly am!! Have I mentioned that it's my birthday tomorrow??? :) Ok, ok, I can see that I'm back to normal again! Whew!! It's stressful to try to be something or someone that you are not! Embracing our true selves, Mel and I had 2 $.50 ice cream cones from Burger King today! It was lovely. If you haven't been indulging in $.50 cones from Burger King these days, you should. YOU are missing out on one of life's finest little pleasures. BTW, I'm loving my first Gretchen Rubin book, The Happiness Project. It makes me happy that I own a hard copy edition as I can see myself reading and re-reading this book in my future life. I WAS going to save it for the plane, but self-denial is something I need to address quite desperately in my life. Any suggestions, ways, advice, things you have learned about self-denial that you could share with me? Thanks! I shall bring these few thoughts to a close as they are appearing to ramble at large. Sweet dreams to all my family and friends that still check every now and then to see if I have shared the written word once again! Thanks for being faithful and for not giving up entirely on me!

And now I lay me down to sleep,
a Burger King cone my dreams so sweet,
If I should die before I wake,
Please wipe the ice cream off my face!
it's only 26 minutes until i'm 27!
FYI :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Have a great birthday! I'm lots older than you and still feel like a kid about my birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) It's been great so far! And BTW, when is your birthday? I want to add it to my birthday reminder app I have on my igoogle page...

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, to you! Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! :) and did you get your commenter working again or just use your phone? :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday dear friend! Hope it's fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx! It has been fab so far! :) Crossing my fingers for oysters tonight since it's Tuesday...need to see what danl is planning :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday and let us know how you spent your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to one of my Favorite nieces!! Decided I better hurry and wish you a good one before its over ( In 27 minutes)!! Just now saw your last post. Guess I was too busy today shopping. I know you would love to see my bargains that I am sooo pleased about!! I have decided that you are a niece after my own heart! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is October 21. A day or two before Sue's!

      Delete
    2. ok i will add that to my birthday app! :)

      Delete
  6. thank you, thank you! :) just now saw your comment! I'd love to hear all about your bargains!!! Like Anne of green gables would say, we are kindred spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete