Thursday, January 20, 2022

Ta-Da instead of To-Do in 2022!



 Every January since 2018 I have been scheming and dreaming up a list of things to accomplish during the coming year. This idea is instigated by my favorite author, Gretchen Rubin. And even though I’ve never accomplished everything on my list, it has been mostly fun to have such a list hanging out in my phone notes and over my head. I think it has inspired some action that otherwise wouldn’t have transpired. 



That being said, I just wasn’t feeling it for this year! An “unexpected” year didn’t scream for a tidy to-do list at all! Rather it wants to passionately “TA-DA!” instead of feeling obligated to “TO-DO.” So, every month as I go along, I’ll be on the lookout for two things that I’ve been inspired to complete that are worthy of being that month’s ta-das! It can’t be a boring normal daily thing like “unload the dishwasher” that will get mundanely done again either. So far for January 2022, I have added 

Complete Art Wall in the Hall.

One day several weeks ago, Danielle and I were inspired to paint the 5 thrifted frames I’ve had for years for this particular project. Then last week, I added the strings and tiny clothespins, hung them in a collage on the hall wall, and Ta-Da! Now we have a designated space for 5 of my little artist’s most current creations. This item has hung out undone on every yearly list since 2019 I do believe. 

So we shall see what gets added yet for January and how the rest of the months go down! 2 items per month through November will equal 22 Ta-Das for 2022. December doesn’t need anything extra I’ve learned.

Are y’all gonna ta-da with me?? My Dad has been ta-daing as long as I can remember! I learned early on from him how fun it is to add things you’ve already done to your list, purely for the fun of crossing them out! 





9 comments:

  1. Hey! I do this, too, just didn't know I was ta-daing 😃. Every list I make has things added to it that I've already done. I'm convinced it makes me more productive to be able to see a few things crossed off right away! Now I know what to call it. 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey who are you lol? 😅 I wish it said your name instead of Unknown. And I’m glad you know what to call it now! 👊🏼

      Delete
  2. I’m a great ta-da-er… I just didn’t know it! I’m not sure what percentage of the things that get marked off in my planner get written down after they’re done but it would be a fairly high percentage! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas for 2022 and can't wait to hear more! ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have much longer in January to Ta-da!
    Finish cutting out bed quilt ✅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything small can still be a Ta-da! Lol do you like my little rhyme?! 😆

      Delete
  5. Hey, I do this, too! Glad to know I'm not strange for doing it 😉... looks like I have some great company! I'm gonna keep celebrating those ta-da moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anyway to subscribe to your blog?

    ReplyDelete