Sunday, January 2, 2022

An UNEXPECTED 2022!


This year’s WOTY fills me with wonder! •UNEXPECTED•
Just typing it makes me a bit apprehensive, yet excited! As I journey along trying to become a bonafide grownup, someone who is organized and plans ahead and is prepared for real life, I’m finding that I’m becoming more inflexible! Grumpier than I used to be when things don’t go according to Plan A. (When you don’t even have a plan, you don’t get as disgruntled or even realize when it gets disrupted!) So I’m striving for the balanced life, the dotted line between the ditches of chaos and calm. Real life is always messy, unplanned, and unexpected. But that’s where the beauty is if we can learn to embrace it! I want to expect the unexpected, to do unexpected things like being on time or even early, (EARLY was in my list of runners up in my personal WOTY contest.) or be the one who cleans up after an event instead of just sitting and gabbing, or who thinks of going the unexpected extra mile instead of just being oblivious to the needs around me. I want to learn to see a change in plans for my day as an adventure instead of an aggravation. I want to lower my expectations of my spouse and others and maybe even myself. I want to feel ready for unexpected guests in my home at any time, which for me I’ve decided is living in that sweet spot of having things not perfect but not nasty. Perfection is overrated anyway, but last week’s dishes are not. I’d also like to do little unexpected things each day! To give hugs and kisses and compliments at random moments! To be willing to be vulnerable and to ask hard, unexpected questions in love. To be raw and real and humble when it would be easier to just give the expected, “I’m fine!” answer. So here’s to getting aboard the UNEXPECTED train! I’m gonna hang on and enjoy the ride! Who’s coming with me?! Grab an empty seat and tell me what you chose for your 2022 WOTY! 




2 comments:

  1. Good word choice! Now to see what happens through the year 🙂... My word is FOCUS. I get distracted too easily... Think squirrel 🙈. Let's see if I can focus and get things accomplished! And this year will bring you many unexpected things 😉. Buckle up for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Your WOTY sounds a little scary but I guess that's the point of doing this - to grow and become a better person! Keep us posted on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete