Friday, April 12, 2019

Coffee & Confusion

Always !!! #love #nice #befriendly #positive #peopleisawesome
Awwww....life-giving coffee. Coffee is so hyped up both figuratively and literally, but truly, it’s the best! I love that feeling of the first sip...almost scalding my throat and waking up my face.
Key to survival. Coffee.
Once my coffee is downed, and I’m ready to be a nice human, I’m gonna go out and conquer C25K Week 5 Day 2! Should’ve have done this run yesterday, but life got in the way...
Nevertheless, I shall run! But every run makes the hole in my New Balances grow ever larger... which brings me to the question of my current confusion! Are these Asics runners that received the top accolades of “Best of the Best” on bestreviews.com really far superior to these cheap cuties from Walmart?! They both have 4 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews... Please help me conquer this confusion! My YNAB (You Need A Budget) is telling me to either go with WallyWorld now, or keep being “holey” for awhile! So...???





7 comments:

  1. And i thought that i buy expensive running shoes at $120/pair!!!😱 Brooks ghost. 👌🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you go by miles or just obvious wear and tear to know when to replace? How many pair of Brooks have you gone through?? Do you recommend that I go to Running Wild and be fitted for them?

      Delete
  2. In my experience it pays to spend a little more for shoes that you use hard (daily run/walk). Your feet will thank you! But $225 is hefty 😳 Surely there's something in between?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! There are lot's of in betweens! But being the extreme dramatic person that I am, I either want to try the cheapest or get the best! lol The New Balances I have now will be a year old in June. They got super light wear until 5 weeks ago, and are now basically shot! They were around $60 I think list price. I got them at TjMaxx for $35.

      Delete
  3. That's the 100 dollar question. Haven't tried ASICS but last spring I wanted a pair for my daughter to finish off the year so bought cheap. They lasted about 2 weeks and had a hole through the sole. Bought some Keen last year shortly after Christmas of 20017 for another daughter. She is still wearing them and not a sign of holes or wear. I think they would last all next year if they would still fit. So... Is that a difference in children or shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear on the Keens! I love hearing personal experiences!

      Delete