Sunday, April 14, 2019

A Tale of Two Tennis Shoes


Well, I bagged these babies at Walmart today, so we shall see how they endure! Danl did a major eye roll accompanied by the "Why would you do that?! sigh when I bragged about my purchase to him! He would definitely go with the feeling that you get what you pay for! But I was standing at the end-cap inspecting them again, when a lady nearby told me that she absolutely loves these sneaks and has 3 pairs! "It's like walking on air! And they last so long! They're super comfy and I'm a diabetic and have problems with my feet!" So into my cart they went! A positive personal review gets me every time! She didn't say she ran in them or anything, but I'm not down much for only $9.98 if they don't hold up for driveway pounding! How can they even make a tennis shoe for only $9.98?! Speaking of minor miracles, I still can hardly believe that I ran for 20 minutes straight today without stopping! Or feeling like I was huffing, puffing, hyperventilating, or side-aching to death! ME! Who used to barely be able to pant through a 90 second jog when I first started C25K. I highly recommend this app/program in case you hadn't noticed by now. And I highly recommend having an accountability partner to goad and cheer you on! #thanksheidiharms

Spoil Alert! I kinda don't want my new shoes to last too long because I want these!



Or these!
Women's Originals NMD_R1 Shoes Available colors Base Green / Black / Ice Purple

Too many options... another time, another tale. For now, time will tell if my bargain blushers pass or fail!

8 comments:

  1. I bought a cute pair of shoes for $9.98 at Walmart the other day... They look and feel just like the $50 ones I've gotten before. The expensive ones did NOT last very long, so the way I see it, I can wear these till they wear out, buy fresh new ones, and repeat 4 TIMES for the same amount of money... If that isn't a good deal, then I don't know what is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!! :) I wish I knew who you were, Unknown! :)

      Delete
  2. I think you need to consult me about buying running shoes! All of the shoes pictured above appear to be fashion tennies, imo. Something you would wear for a field trip, a grocery RUN, or any short active endeavor. When buying actual RUNNING shoes, things like arch support, over or under pronation, and a nice fit around the heels are equivalent to gold. After all, the bodily joints, such as knees, must be protected. The outward appearance is of least importance. After finding a shoe that offers proper support, cushioning, and fits well, the color and aesthetic of the shoe are to be accepted like a parent accepts their offspring. So there you have it, sisterly advice, unasked for, in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is hilarious😂

      Delete
    2. I love it Rhonda! 😂 I do adore her sneaker pics though!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Rhonda! This is exactly the reply I needed lol! But please go to Running Wild with me! Alas, I do not even know what the word "pronation" means!!! (Can I wear fashion tennies to shop for "real" shoes?!)

      Delete
  3. 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete