Tuesday, December 3, 2013

go Google?? {survey}

  

 I've shed alligator tears over the loss of my beloved iGoogle home page! Why, oh why did Google feel the need to extinguish this ever-so-useful invention?! I find it hard to remember important birthdays without my birthday app, I sorely miss my blog-following app for blueelephantstitches, and last but not least, I lament the loss of my stubby, digital penguins tottering about....sigh....sniff....snuffle.....SO! I am having to put on my big girl panties and deal with it!! I have tried yahoo homepage again and hated it; these amazingly inane yet somehow weirdly intriguing news stories pop up that I feel compelled to read {such as: "Check out the Differences in the Skin of Twins When One is a Smoker and the Other Isn't!", etc, etc,} and I DON'T have time to ponder on such ponderific topics! So I nixed Yahoo. Then I decided since most of my digital life {blog & email} is already controlled by Google, I might as well go Google all the way and switch from IE to Chrome and attempt to customize a Google Chrome homepage! That's what I am needing help with! I'm not nerd enough to make grownup decisions about what apps to download onto my desktop! Do I need an app that can turn my screen into a mirror?? Do I?? It might come in handy! Or how about a Todo.Ly to-do list?! Or a Wunderlist to-don't list?! Weather? Gmail? Of course! Gmail Offline? Sure! Why not? And what's this? An art app? Of sure I need the Exquisite Forest.....I think I do anyway.....Nah...that's pish-posh...But I do love art in most forms....But hey, I need apps that SIMPLIFY my life!

OK, so my survey will ask the following questions:
What browser is your favorite and why? 
1. IE {Internet Explorer}
2. Google Chrome
3. Firefox
4. Safari - wishin' I had an apple :)

What are your favorite apps?

I am so eager to hear your opinions! Bring 'em on! 

7 comments:

  1. safari (of course!!!) apple's the best!=) (w/ computers anyways) good luck though! knowing you, it'll be sampling every option first! (reminds me of visiting yogurt & ice cream parlors w/ you=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL :) yes, you do know me too well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been SO disappointed that that good ole page is gone to. I had David download firefox and I hate it. He has Chrome and I dont like that one either..... If you find one thats as fun as Igoogle let me know I would love to get it!!!!! Just not as much fun to check emails on such a boring page:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never understand why they had to make igoogle obsolete! :( You probably had some cute lil kittens meowing around? :)

      Delete
    2. Lol!! No believe it or not I didn't:) I just had my birthday calender so I knew whose birthday it was now I will NEVER remember:( and everything was just so organized and you could have a pretty page and so forth......

      Delete
  4. ummmm... what happened to posting every day? ;) actually i'll let you by cuz you're one of the busiest people i know!!! :) and don't ask me about techy computer stuff... i use google chrome but don't even use the apps part! :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting every day.....sigh!!! :( I just can't attain even a piddly sentence I guess! Maybe if I get a smartphone I can! :) I'm liking chrome pretty good I guess.... And I think you are the busiest person I know!! 3 boys, pg, baby announcements, and you bake and can and craft and crochet and you name it!! :)

      Delete