Thursday, August 3, 2023

Let July be July, Let August be August

 


When July turns to August, I always think of this Morgan Harper Nichols quote. I think I first remember reading it the summer of 2020 during the Covid Era. Which feels like long, long ago. 
Anyway, I really love the quote, as it sums up this time of summer so well. Rhonda, Karma, and I met at Rhonda's pool for our monthly Clarity Planner Planning Sesh this morning to review July and to anticipate August. July was just a good month, filled with glimmers. August is gonna be so good too; I can feel it in my bones. 

It's time for a 6 Things Making Me Smile Listicle!

1. TANG 
This refreshing citrus drink mix takes me back to my childhood! Daniel and Danielle love it too. I like to mix it up in the vintage orange printed glass juice pitcher just like my mom had. (I don’t have any of the little glasses though, so help a girl out if you see them while thrifting!)


2. CUT FLOWERS! 
Danielle and I planted seed packets of cosmos and zinnias from Tractor Supply earlier this year, and now we are reaping the bounty!  We’ve been able to make vibrant summery bouquets to share and to enjoy ourselves!


3. FRESH PEACHES
Alisha brought us back some delectably delicious peaches from Clanton on her way home from Guntersville. Nothing like eating them fresh, fuzzy skin still attached; or sliced and sugared adorning a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. 


4. SUNSHINE
After enduring weeks of what seemed like endless rain, the sun has blessed us with its presence day after sunny day! It gives me sunshine in my soul to see my hubs able to keep the machinery running too.


5. This BUBBLE KIT!
So much old-fashioned fun to be had with this bubble kit! Danielle and I first saw one similar at the Palafox Market. I straightaway added it to cart! It has been a worthy purchase and has gotten lots of use! Even from this 37 year old kid!


6. FAMILY & FRIENDS
From Summer Family Fling in North AL, Corey & Hailey's wedding in Macon, time with Grandma and Aunt Sue at Oakwood, Kelly & Michelle & Co. at our place for a gator supper, to continued days with Alisha and Isla and soon Pierre, we've had so many tiptop times with family and friends! Times so good that even in the midst of them it strikes you that you're in the middle of making a memory that's gonna be cherished.











No comments:

Post a Comment