Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Weakly Tribune Vol. 1 Issue 7

THE WEAKLY TRIBUNE

Monday 8.01.22

AUGUST! How did this happen?! Day by day is how it happened. Made myself another batch of Coconut French Toast. Danielle gathered another egg and scrambled them both for what she proclaimed to be the best eggs ever! One even had a double yolk! Or “oak” like she calls it. Ordered Adderall, finalized a Target Drive-Up order, did a bit of desk work, and set out for 9 Mile Road. Also went to Ross on Davis to look for laundry baskets for the Teacher’s House. Found 2. Then to Mamalisa’s to join Tara, Rhonda, and Neil who had already been swimming for an hour and were rained out by the time we arrived. DoorDashed Santinos since Socios is sadly closed on Mondays. Chatted a lot and read a little. Enjoyed Tara’s scrummy cinnamon rolls with coffee. Finally the sun came back out and we swam a bit before tidying up the house. We were fixing to head back home and pick up Danl’s meds, but the ding-a-linging of the ice cream truck making its rounds through the subdivision delayed us a little! Since today was definitely a Special Occasion, we all got ice cream! Made tacos even though it wasn’t Tuesday with leftover grilled porkchops. Sat on the back porch catching up on messages and cracking up at the antics of the chickens. 

Simple Satisfaction: Laughing as a family at funny fail videos. 


Tuesday 8.02.22

The third morning in a row for Coconut French toast! And it was still just as delightful as the first two mornings other than I got this batch a little over-toasted. Sewed a few seams on the dress I’ve been working on since June and also mended a dress. Why is this elastic thread not “holding a seam?!” Mr. Steve came to do the Quarterly Bug Spraying. For once, I was very pleased that I did not have to do extra tidying so as not to be embarrassed for him to see all the rooms in the house. There are no secrets from the Bug Man. Danielle wanted “breakfast” and proceeded to devour 1 pullet egg and 4 mini waffles close enough to lunchtime that I just considered this her lunch for today. The little Dash waffle maker we gave her for Christmas gets used almost daily! Many a morning she wants waffles around 10:30 once her chocolate milk has worn off. I just keep a box of “just add water pancake/waffle mix” handy in the pantry. Danl got rained out, so Danielle stayed home with him while I drove to school while enjoying leftover Santino’s pizza for my lunch. I needed to hash li’bry (as the Brits would say) decor ideas with Tina, Gloria, and Rhonda. Then Rhonda and I went to the Teachers House where she washed new Corelle and helped me put up wall decor. To collage or not to collage?? I think we ended up with a satisfying arrangement. Folded a bunch of laundry and made open-face venison roast sandwiches with fresh brown gravy, canned spinach, and a box of Velveeta shells and cheese for supper. Later we all had rainbow sherbet with ginger ale. Danielle was super pleased to discover the first two tiny blue eggs from her Easter Eggers, Chubby Chick and Fast Feathers! Aggravatingly, none of the hens lay in the nest boxes though so far. It’s just here and there and everywhere! Every day is like an Easter egg hunt! I finally finalized and posted the Weakly for week before last. To bed around 9:30. 

Simple Satisfaction: Using up leftovers in a meal that turns out better than the original one. 


Wednesday 8.03.22

Microwaved Baked Oatmeal sounded good for breakfast. Marinated chicken tenders for Italian Fried Chicken for supper. Inspired by all the rain we’ve had lately, I composed a short poem. Edited and posted last week’s Weakly. Discovered I had missed Wednesday, so added it in after some frustrating formatting issues. For some odd reason, my phone glitched and didn’t downtime like it is supposed to, resulting in me having way too much morning screentime. Danl was home around 2:00 rained out. I made a big batch of strawberry peach smoothies for everyone. Sewed another seam on my dress.  Danl left to go bid a couple jobs. Just wish we could tarp the clouds so he could actually do them now! FaceTimed with Nana making plans for our little Girls Vacay! Finally stopped procrastinating and started to take care of the peaches that were rotting before my eyes! The chickens were very pleased to “put up” the squishy ones while I put up 8 two cup pkgs and 2 six cup cobbler-ready pkgs. Danielle dated the bags with an orange Sharpie. Actually found a few peaches that were still green enough to leave out for fresh eating. Loud shrieking cries sent me rushing to the backyard to discover that Danielle had been running with a piece of bamboo chasing her chickens and had fallen. The bamboo scraped her quite severely just below the shoulder. Phew. Could have been much worse! Don’t run with scissors or with bamboo! Once Danl was finally home again, I fried the IFC nuggets, and heated up a can of corn. Danl and Danielle passed on the large spinach salad with an entire tomato and chunks of feta cheese that complemented my meal. Supper tasted so good since I had skipped lunch other than the smoothie! 

Simple Satisfaction: Chatting with friends I hadn’t connected with in a long time! 


Thursday 8.04.22

Started attacking my To-do List until it became a Ta-da List! So many things to get checked off before Danielle and I could head out to meet Nana at the Splash RV Resort & Waterpark! Like writing out Diesel’s Care Instruction Sheet, getting the chickens’ food and water stocked up, and buying groceries for Danl. Finally we arrived at the posh, yet laidback and family friendly RV park! Seeing Nana again felt amazing after them being gone 2 whole months! The sun was actually shining its heart out, so we quickly changed and went to check the water park out! I particularly loved the real flame lanterns lining the entrance pavilion. Totally Fairhope, AL vibes! While floating the lazy river, we reconnected with some family friends we had no idea were vacationing there as well! So that was super fun for everyone; Danielle had lots of fun with Lyla who just turned 7. With rumbling tummies, we went back to the motorhome who is aptly named Ruby. Nana fixed us delicious spaghetti and meatballs which is a treat for us since Danl despises it. I prepped a couple salads. We bebopped around on our rented golf cart, taking in the various lights and decorations at people’s campsites. This place also has the cutest modern cabins and even Conestoga wagons for rent! DJ, Lauren, and Lyla stopped by with cupcakes from Lyla’s birthday party. We visited their setup then before calling it a good day! 

Simple Satisfaction: Fun in the Florida sun; I’m glad we live here. 


Friday 8.05.22

Woke up and had coffee and Jimmy Dean griddle cake sandwiches! Yum. Then geared up and headed for the waterpark again. Relaxed and swam for hours, soaking up the sun! I was amazed at the splendid weather! Danielle made more new friends; I even exchanged numbers with the mom of one of them. A super nice family from Huntsville, AL. We went back to Ruby for a late lunch of leftovers and grilled cheese sandwiches, then lazed around for a couple hours, reading and being on our devices. Went back out and swam several more hours, before coming back to enjoy grilled burgers and hotdogs for supper. Danielle and I zoomed around on the golf cart again, people watching and waving to all her new friends! She proclaimed, “This is the life!” And I rather agreed.

Simple Satisfaction: Chatting with Danl and knowing that he and the dogs were doing just fine without us for a few days.


Saturday 8.06.22

Departure Day! Got all our stuff packed up and moved to the car. Said our goodbyes to Nana and Pops and went back to the waterpark to do all things again for one last time. It was very FULL of people, but people are nice and they were nice people. Ended up staying longer than I had planned, but my little fish did not want to head for dry land! Some snow cones from the food truck hit the spot. It was HOT! Finally got on the road, got some late lunch from Dairy Queen, and got home around 3:30pm. I made myself unpack everything right away very virtuously! I can’t remember what we did for supper. I’m writing this rather belatedly. I know it was a good evening being reunited with Danl and the dogs!

Simple Satisfaction: Even though we didn’t go on an official Summer Vacation, we had so many fun days close to home!


Sunday 8.07.22

I know I taught Sunday School. And only had 2 students. The rest of this day is quite blank in my mind! So I’ll sign off and try to do better with writing more promptly!

Simple Satisfaction: Knowing that I can flub up on the Weakly Tribune, and y’all will forgive me anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me wish my old chickens were still around.. can’t wait for next spring tho!!šŸ« 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, even old news! šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete