Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The Weakly Tribune Vol. 1 Issue 6



THE WEAKLY TRIBUNE


Monday 7.25.22

Beach Day with Gwen and Karma and our kiddos! We were gonna do this so much this summer only to have this be our first time! Argh. How the days do fly by! Used Karma’s Ft. Pickins passes. I hadn’t been there in years! Set up the canopy and I constructed my Sand Free Zone. Enjoyed our packed lunches and the fact that the sun was shining on us while it was obviously raining on others to the north.  At one point, we thought we spied some folks we knew down the beach. After taking an investigatory walk, it was discovered to be the Ronnie Schneider extended family and friends! We packed up around 2:00. Stopped at Chick-fil-A for frosted coffees, nuggets, etc. Made hamburger steak with ground venison for supper. 

Simple Satisfaction: Being on the edge of the earth where the water meets the shore. 


Tuesday 7.26.22


Covid Tested again since I felt somewhat achy and congested. Negative for the 4th time. Picked up Miss Smith and dropped Danielle at Mel’s while we shopped groceries at Atmore Walmart. Got Danielle again and went through the McDonalds drive-thru on the way home. Did Payroll. Mr. Melvin came by to check a couple soft spots on the floor (probably just the plywood beneath the flooring coming unglued) and to scope out our upcoming shower project. Worked on Nette & Magen’s Housewarming registry and piddled with the remaining Morning Routine. Picked up Larisa around 5:00 so she could spend the evening with us. Made cheese dip and venison tacos for supper. 

Simple Satisfaction: Signing my name with a flourish on payroll checks. I think signing checks is the most fun part of my job! 


Wednesday 7.27.22

The last day of STEM class at the Atmore Library! Was wonderful to be there since we missed going last week. It’s hard to beat our little local library! This time they went all out with supplies for building marshmallow guns out of PVC pipe that worked really well! From there I dropped my car at Novus to get the windshield and front side windows retinted. Karma picked me up and we went to her house. Had pizza delivered for lunch, the kids swam and played, and we sewed. Well, I sewed a little while Karma sewed a lot. I spent a good portion of the afternoon shopping for and adding things to Nette and Magen’s registry and then getting it posted on the Ladies' Chat. Let the fun begin! Shane wasn’t able to retint my windshield since Mel was so sick with Covid that he went home to help out. Sierra got the side windows done though! Danielle was so tuckered out she fell asleep for an hour or so after we got home. Danl was super late getting home from work. I grilled 3 pizzas topped with our favorite toppings! Cheese and more cheese on one, and thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh spinach, and mushrooms on the other two. 

Simple Satisfaction: Receiving and reading the most delightful letter from Loralee telling all about Unit Life.


Thursday 7.28.22


Time to get school supplies! Rhonda and I had planned last week to go together like we did last year. Now it’s a Tradition lol. But Neil only has one more year of school after this one! Found out that Banesa Fernandez had been kidnapped! Daniel went right away to help in the local search, while we started praying for her safe return. Left my car at Wade’s, and we headed first to Target. Managed to get everything needed for school but shoes, which I’ll order on Amazon. Danielle has some picked out that look FAST, which is Very Important to her. Next was La Hacienda for lunch so we could eat near the Neat Fountain, then to Derrels for a new light bulb for my sewing machine. Felt surreal to see someone we knew on the Amber Alert billboards all about Pensacola! Next stop was Hobby Lobby for supplies for decorating the library door like a Hobbit Hole. I’m super excited about our Magical World of Reading theme! Then Rhonda had an eye exam at Dr. Gupta’s office. Dropped her off and Neil, Danielle, and I went across the street to experience the SkyZone trampoline park! Which ended up being an affordable experience instead of an expensive one since the girl checking me in felt sorry for me having to redo all the paperwork/waivers due to a computer malfunction. The kids had a blast while I relaxed in the lounge area. Received the wonderful news that Banesa had been safely located! PTL. Rhonda still was waiting to see Dr. Gupta, so I got Neil and Danielle snacks at SkyZone before going to Petland to pet puppies and look at all the animals! On to Petsmart, but they didn’t have much to see. Rhonda finally got checked out! Picked up my Target Drive-Up order, then scooted over to Crumbl to redeem my Free Birthday Cookie! Wow! I chose the delicious coconut one and Danielle got her standard chocolate chip. Cooked a late supper of shrimp pasta and garlic bread. 

Simple Satisfaction: Seeing things getting marked PURCHASED on Nette & Magen’s Housewarming Registry. 


Friday 7.29.22


First H💖ME Day of the week! So pleased that I didn’t have to leave the premises all day! Repotted the money tree, watered all my plants, cleaned the bugs out of the kitchen light fixture, (Danielle said she felt sorry for the bugs who had flown in never to fly out!) and dusted the living room ceiling fan, in addition to finally tackling the Thursday Cleaning which had been rolled over from last week! Danielle was delighted to clean the toilets and proclaimed she wants to have 50 in our new house! Spare me. Shane came and picked up the Audi to re-tint the windshield. Cycled indoors and enjoyed the last of the mango sorbetto I found buried in the freezer. Finished the cleaning with a smile on my face for a change since I took Tara’s advice of popping in my earbuds and listening to something uplifting during the drudgery! Thank you! Y’all are gonna solve all my Pain Points through the Weakly Tribune! Danl and Danielle picked up Larisa around 5. I scooped all the poop in the backyard jungle, weeded the rosebed, and dead-headed the roses. Danl fried bream and lots of tater tots to go with cheese grits for supper. I proceeded to push mow, dumping bag after bag of clippings. Then Danielle wanted ice cream so she made a little freezer of homemade vanilla basically by herself! She, Larisa, and I played Go Fish. It ended up being a late night, but it was a good day! 

Simple Satisfaction: a shower so hot it’s just under scalding. 


Saturday 7.30.22


Danl fixed a delicious breakfast hash with the leftover tater tots that we enjoyed in fresh tortillas. Dinked around doing my Morning Routine, played Dino Junior Monopoly with Danielle, and purchased Danl’s deer tag for Nebraska. FaceTimed with Nana. Cannot wait to soon see her and Pops again! Danl had to meet some customers, then took Danielle with him to Tractor Supply and Piggly. I went to get our weekly milk and my box of peaches from Kathleen. They look so pretty! Danl concocted a scrumptious buffalo chicken dip which we devoured with tortilla chips! Danielle wanted a bowl of ramen. She was super “eggcited” to discover the first tiny pullet egg from one of her Rhode Island Red hens! We will never know which “Mrs. Hen” laid the first egg! Danielle can’t tell them apart so she just named both of them “Mrs. Hen.” I worked at my desk, filing and paying Second Quarter Stuff. Then I decided to tackle cleaning up and decluttering my Sewing Nook area. You know how they say, “It won’t take as long as you think!” Well, for me it always takes even longer! Started at 4:40 and by 6:30 I was finally sort of done. Now hopefully I’ll sit down daily on Home Days to mend and/or sew! Danielle got in the pool with our new $4 raft from Target. I helped Danl make a tasty supper of marinated peach wood smoked porkchops, grilled baby butter potatoes with onions and freshly snipped rosemary, and canned asparagus. Helped Danielle get some “Corn Pops” aka canned corn frozen in muffin tins with a little water, ready for a summer treat for her chickens! Sat on the couch eating rainbow sherbet with diet ginger ale while playing Fishdom with Danielle on her IPad. Danl had a bad headache and went to bed before we did. Another late night by the time I had a venison roast in the crockpot and the house tidied up. 

Simple Satisfaction: Pushing my 6 year old on the swing, because I know it won’t be long before she will no longer ask me to do this…


Sunday 7.31.22


A truly sunny “Sun”day! I fixed Danl the leftover breakfast hash burritos, before making myself a most amazing breakfast of Coconut French Toast! I used Cynthia’s recipe in the Schneider Cookbook, added coconut and vanilla extracts to the cream mixture, then dipped each dredged slice in shredded coconut before frying them in butter. Toasted the extra coconut in the pan as well, then topped the whole mess with homemade caramel syrup and a big blob of Cool Whip! Soaked up some sun outside in the backyard while listening to Galen preach on The Privilege & Power of Prayer. “Lord, teach us to pray...” And sometimes He chooses to teach us to pray by sending us adversity. Wow. What a thought. Cooked a box of seasoned wild rice to go with our venison crockpot roast. Helped Danielle tidy up her room. Again. I am glad she does truly play with her toys though! Assisted Danl in making pan-fried “butter burgers” for supper. Went to Walnut Hill to take in the Girl’s Class Program. It was inspiring to see how close these girls got in just one week!

Simple Satisfaction: Seeing the Toenail Moon hanging in the sky over the dark silhouetted pine trees. 


1 comment: