Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sunday Funday Birthday Memorial Day Redhead Day



Sunday was Daniel’s 36th birthday! It’s kinda cool because in our little family, we all turn even or odd numbers the same year! This year Danielle turned 4, Daniel 36, and I’ll soon be 34! Back to Sunday, we slept in as long as Danielle would let us, which was around 6:30. Then I whipped up some copycat Hardee’s biscuits and fried some Realtree sausage.



(Huge recipe, make half.)



 Bass Pro Shops was next on the agenda! Danielle and I were grieved that due to this continued Covid-19, the shooting arcade was CLOSED. That’s our favorite thing to do there, other than eat fudge, which we also couldn’t do because the candy store was not in operation either. But regardless, we had a good time looking at the fish and shopping for shirts. Danl spent some time in the boring (to me) aisles, and eventually we found ourselves at Longhorn Steakhouse! INSIDE! SITTING DOWN BEING SERVED BY A WAITRESS. This was our first time eating out together in a restaurant since our anniversary way back on February 20! It felt spectacular. Other than Danielle seemed to have forgotten how to sit still and use her restaurant voice. Or maybe she never really knew how. 


Yesterday was Memorial Day. I thought of Uncle Kale, my grandparents who have passed, my dear friend’s mom...so many memories of so many amazing people who have gone before us; and all the soldiers who have sacrificed for our freedom. We are so blessed. I always love the official photograph from the White House of Our President & The First Lady. 
♥️


We celebrated in true redneck style by eating wild female pig also known as a “gilt!” (Thanks, Dad! I learn something new every day!) Jace and Erica, and Curtis and Janelle enjoyed it with us. It was a very laidback, fun evening of good pork, runny Jello, late rolls, and soupy ice cream. I’m really embracing this anti-perfectionism thing! 
Today, I learned something else I did not previously know! We redheads are so special that we get TWO holidays per year! “World Redhead Day” which is today, and “National Redhead Day” which is November 5. Might as well celebrate as many things in life as we can, that’s my philosophy! 
So Happy World Redhead Day, fellow gingers! 






2 comments:

  1. Happy Redhead Day to one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redheads unite!🙌😁 For some, to be content with anti perfectionism, is difficult 🥴

    ReplyDelete