Thursday, May 21, 2020

Mini Wednesday




Y’all know I love me some Gretchen Rubin! And the quote of the day that she delivered to my email inbox yesterday was so fitting for our gloomy, drippy weather! Danielle spent the day with Nana, and I spent the day helping my dad in his office. It felt nostalgic, as February 18, 2020, was my last official day at the desk for Schneider Farm Fence. Since then, I only do desk work for Faircloth Land Services, which keeps me busy enough! 



A bag of yellow squash from our neighbors was hanging on our doorknob when we got home. So Danl proceeded to slice it, and I battered and fried it into golden slices of crispy, salty summer! Sandwiches and blueberry cheesecake dessert completed our supper. I also had, gulp, THREE glasses of raspberry shrub; it was so good! It’s an old Victorian era recipe in my Southern Living cookbook that I’ve been hankering to try for years! 







No comments:

Post a Comment