Friday, March 6, 2015

this & that & shanghai sugar donuts!

Life just has a way of moving right along, like it or not! 
Perry was on the ball with handing out WHCS teaching contracts already last month....But Daniel and I had been discussing, deliberating, pondering, and praying over the matter of whether or not I would sign {if asked!} for the past several months. I flat out LOVE to teach! It is the only job I've ever had that doesn't feel like WORK! Of course I don't always feel like grading papers, but being with the children every day makes up for that! That being said, teaching full time does make life very full! Projects, programs, bulletins, lesson plans and the like have a way of looming even on the weekends. But dear old FlyLady has helped tremendously with keeping my head above water! Our ox still lives in the well, but we do occasionally bring him up for pasture instead of just throwing down hay like we used to do! Nevertheless, Schneider Farm Fence had a secretarial position open, and it seemed like an open door for me to take the opportunity to work in the family business. Last night after board meeting, I handed my unsigned contract back to Perry with mixed feelings. 
Beginning June 1, I will be found at the fence office four days a week.
 I know I will miss being an educator... {and being an educatee! My children teach me almost as much as I teach them, I think!}...my kindred spirit co-teachers...supportive school board & parents...the list could go on and on, but I am excited to move along with this lovely thing called LIFE! And maybe if the office gets a bit dull, I can get Dad enthused about doing an art or science project! {We have been known to experiment with oobleck! :)}
Did I mention how fast time is flying?! We only have a little over a quarter left of this school year! And I still have so many things I want to do with my bunch! Today we made these Chinese Sugar Donuts for our cultural focus city food. We viewed the Shanghai Slideshow yesterday, so I need to switch our city decor to Paris over the weekend. Then we will do Dubai, and we are done! Back to the donuts, we thought they were pretty good! I want to try using canned biscuit dough next time to see how that is. I actually wonder if the texture wouldn't be more like the ones you get on the Chinese buffets. I know these donuts aren't very ethnic, but I could NOT get the kids enthused about having dumplings or noodles! So we just went with the sugar donuts. Click here for the recipe. 



Homemade Chinese Doughnuts (like the ones from the buffet!) in less than 1 hour!!

SIDE NOTE: On the auction post, I did not realize until later, that William from northescambia.com had first posted old 2012 pics with the 2015 auction story. Now he has current pics with the article. Once I realized that the pics were old, I actually thought it WAS Uncle Kale in the bottom pic I had posted and told some of you so! But that is NOT correct, he was at that auction in 2012, but is in this picture directly below. The gentleman I referenced previously just has the privilege of resembling him. 
So I am sorry for any confusion I caused! 

Ruritan-Sale-022.jpg

Ruritan-Sale-020.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment