Saturday, February 28, 2015

Take me out to the auction!


This morning after donning my North Face and my houndstooth rain boots, Danl took me on a date to the 41st Annual Walnut Hill Ruritan Club Farm Equipment Auction! I love a good auction, and this one always provides in the way of entertainment! ANYTHING, and I do mean ANYTHING imaginable can be on the line! From completely worn-out creepers, 5 gallon buckets, old gas cans, chicken condos {portable coops}, to an old Mercedes car! Today they also had some cool vintage items like old trunks, antique school desks, industrial light fixtures, and a darling little black pot-belly stove! The auctioneer wasn't the speedy type - I could actually understand what he was saying - so we didn't hang around long enough to see very much of it get sold. Danl scored some big chain binders for $7 each. I really enjoyed seeing a lot of the awesome community people that I knew from working at Walnut Hill Farm Supply! And I enjoyed my hot dog with the works! Eating at an auction is kinda like eating around a fire; it makes the food taste better! We found an old table to perch me and our diet Pepsis on, and this country girl was smilin'!
The guy far left in this pic made me so lonesome for Uncle Kale...he always loved a good auction too! 


4 comments:

  1. Go to Northescambia.com and search Ruritan Auction... the February 26, 2012 article... Go to the photo gallery and you will see a picture of dear Uncle Kale and someone else very special to me! :-) Kinda ironic, the pics you posted are also from that article...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, it was crazy! The night I posted this, these old pics where with the current story! I thought they were new, and couldn't believe how much this man looked like Uncle Kale, never thinking that it actually WAS he!! Now the article has pics from 2015 including one with Danl and I in it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Sharon I hadn't looked at your blog for months. I guess I even forgot about it!! But yea I had to shed some tears when you talked about Dad. I missed him so much all over again!! Wish I could have taken him to the auction yesterday!! He would have been there rest assured and maybe I could have talked him out of buying something he didn't need!!! Thanks again Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.... Ronnie and Sheldon and their kids were there though, keeping up the tradition!! ;) Would've loved to have seen you and Austin there too!

      Delete