Saturday, April 26, 2014

living the life of a loo redo



   Blogger's own home: she painted the cabinet with Valspar Lime Twist and papered (over old paper) with Sherwin Williams' Ink (name of book). Penny tile is original. See 10-26-11 and 5-18-12 posts. So cute!


I miss my ole blog! I feel like it is always the thing to get pushed off the never-ending "to-do" list and this makes me sad. I so often don't know how I am feeling about life in general until I sit down to write about it! So here I sit to type instead of finishing up the dishes with Dawn. :) Feeling a sudden compulsion to blog immediately if not sooner, I promptly neglected the dishes and rushed to the couch to begin a small summary of our lives of late. We are doing well! Landon has been expertly re-doing the loo, which was what I thought would be a somewhat small project. NOT. Sawdust, Sheetrock dust, insulation, and dirt covered the house from tip to tail. And has stayed that way mostly until I have been attacking it today. We do love the new loo though! Bye bye  to the following: old, unused, huge Jacuzzi; ugly, country blue counter top, chintzy gold half-working light fixtures, and cracked, mended {with some yellow stuff that always made me think of urine} shower. Hello classy black counter top, new closet, sparkling white shower, and brushed silver light fixtures and cabinet handles! Fresh paint in the tint of Martha Stewart's "Dolphin" which is a pale, fresh grey, will hopefully soon be gracing the walls. Also the cabinets will be transformed from yellowish oak to a glossy white. Since the pot for our master bath is basking in sun out in our front lawn, we have been using our hall/guest bathroom. This has resulted in me becoming totally repulsed at the orange walls this small dungeon of a room!! Orange, I have learned, is NOT a calming color! I become very agitated and slightly nauseous when I have to spend any amount of time there. Come to find out, Daniel has been having these same feeling for quite some time now, but has kept them bottled up since he thought I was deeply in love with our orange loo. This will never do!! We will attempt another loo redo as soon as the time and funds are available. I'm thinking a very pale mint for the walls, and accent colors of cherry red, emerald, lime, navy or royal blue, black and white wallpaper on one wall... maybe some British nick-nacks? It's been fun to brainstorm and gather ideas! As long as there is NO ORANGE involved!!!
   Daniel has been breaking his back dozing and hoeing while putting up with the dozer and 'hoe breaking their backs. Repairs are not for the feeble-minded.
   Well, my friend Dawn is impatiently awaiting some assistance with dishes, so I shall return to the work wither it goest where I go, and lodgest where I lodge.

@Cristi Postolache Postolache B - Love her black, white, and green bathroom! With Thibaut's fun Rio wallpaper in Black and White #Thibaut  

entry with graphic black and white wallpaper

Bright Mint Green Walls Highlight the Bright Red Clawfoot Tub in this Bathroom - on HGTV

8 comments:

  1. Love the bathroom ideas, especially the green with cherry accents! (Ever eaten at a Cherry Berry froyo?) I need ideas too, since we are finishing out our basement bath... let me know what you come up with!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't eaten at a Cherry Berry although it sounds as if I would love to! :) Wish we could come help each other with the painting and shopping for decor!

      Delete
  2. I love that last pic... would definitely be my choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that tub, but it's not even an option! :(

      Delete
  3. I love the second black and white wallpaper! Although it would be very tempting to bring along the markers and start coloring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that idea! Keep a mug of Sharpies right by the toilet, lol! :)

      Delete
  4. So you've decided you don't care for orange??
    I'm struggling with colors for several rooms- I wish someone would just tell me what I like! ;} What I need is someone to take the little space I have and tell me how to efficiently use the space to fit a bathroom into it and then arrange the utility... Got any ideas???
    Sharpies? Would be interesting- although you might have to supply a timer too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sharpies idea! the kids would go crazy with it pry!

    ReplyDelete