Monday, July 18, 2022

The Weakly Tribune Vol. 1 Issue 4

 


THE WEAKLY TRIBUNE

Monday 7.11.22

Awoke a little after midnight to Danielle telling me she had to throw up. Some ended up on the floor, some in her bed, but thankfully most in the sink! I think Danl telling her last night that she could eat gelato until she couldn’t eat anymore was not the best idea since she downed copious amounts before reaching that point. Ugh. Back to bed. Danielle was totally fine the rest of the day! Got a late start with my Morning Routine. Helped Danielle refill the birdbath and bird feeder. Worked at my desk. Did Payroll. Heard about little Betsy Dyck gaining her angel wings. And other children too! Beyond tragic. My head and heart cannot comprehend all this pain. Finished typing and posting The Weakly Tribune; feeling that our Normal Days are more precious than ever. I’m so pleased with my compact pedal exerciser! Pedaled over 30 minutes while catching up on my phone. Danl got home early and ran to the bank and vet for me. Danielle went with him. Thought again about last week’s Thursday Cleaning and actually dusted the ceiling a little. It gets so buggy and dusty. But decided since it’s getting so close to Thursday now that it’ll just roll over! Waaah. Why don’t I love to clean?! Wanted to clean out our little pool and mow the backyard, but a small hurricane blew in and dashed that idea. Danl and Danielle went to Piggly too and brought home hamburger and tater tots. Pan-fried the burgers and fries the tots in the house due the rain. Sat out on the back porch and watched the sky while Danielle “roosted” with her chicken inside the coop. It looked like the flaming golden doors of Heaven were so close, just beyond the treetops. Even the air seemed to be an odd golden hue that wrapped around the Earth like a hug. Celebration in Heaven; heartbreak on Earth. Life is a juxtaposition. 


 Tuesday 7.12.22

Another day of Birthday Celebration! Turning 36 has proved to be a Very Good Thing! Met Erica Lynn and Summer at the teacher’s house for a walkthrough before heading for Pensacola. Stopped at the Ministry Village thrift store where I scored a little wooden deer. Lost Pizza for lunch. I highly recommend The Lucille on thin crust! Then to the mall for pedicures where I proceeded to drop my phone into my foot bath! Thankfully it was unharmed after a speedy towel off. Ross Dress for Less afterwards. Sweet Cone Alabama for ice cream was next on our agenda. The girls loved playing in the sprinkle pit and swinging on the indoor swings! I loved my waffle cone with a scoop of Dark Chocolate and a scoop of Roadrunner Raspberry! Ended our outing with Walmart Pickup before heading home. Ate venison fajitas together at our house since it was Taco Tuesday. Birthday Days are the Best! I still have one more celebration on the books before it’s over for this year though! 

 

Wednesday 7.13.22

Woke up ready for a Home Day that was not to be. Hate feeling behind even before the day gets started! Barely made it in time to the STEM (I had to look it up; it’s an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) class I had enrolled Danielle in at the Atmore Library. Was a really cool balloon car project! Danielle went home with Ms. Karma and her kids, while I ran to the Pig, then to Southern Harbor to get my freezer food I’d been storing there. After some readjustments and decluttering of older food, I was able to cram everything into our rented freezer. Made an Oreo ice cream dessert for Tracey’s bake day. Karma followed me over there and we delivered our food before going on to Gloria’s. I did her payroll again, before joining the rest at the pool. Sun actually shone a little bit right before it was time to leave! The Lotus icee Karma had made for me hit the spot too. Yum. The kitchen was a wreck and I was not inspired to cook. Danl suggested trying Rocky’s Pizza again, but after getting quoted $34 for what would be their equivalent of one Meat Lovers pizza, I said No Thanks! Proceeded to order a large ML, cheese breadsticks, extra marinara, and a medium cheese pizza all for only $27 from Pizza Hut! Sorry, Rockys! Felt so good to go to bed; I was more than ready for my “Low on Patience; High on Spunk” day to be over so I could try again tomorrow. Quickly put in a Prime Day order before that countdown ended. Also noticed that it had been a “High on Screen Time” day… no wonder I felt so Blah. 

 

7.14.22

Danl and David got our freezer moved under the mancave lean-to first thing! I know we’re gonna love having it there instead of way out in the barn. Helped Danielle get going with the crystal making kit she picked out for her One Thing on Tuesday. Got all the poop scooped and was gonna mow the jungle in the back but it started up raining again. Ordered an arrangement to be delivered for Matt & Kelli. Finally finished my Morning Routine and had a late lunch. Danl came home early since he was rained out, bringing delicious meats and treats from Costello's Butcher Shop & Deli. Oversaw another batch of hydro-marble painting. Then I announced to my family that Thursday Cleaning was about to be underway! Danl fled to the mancave and Danielle to her room. I did the basic cleaning plus deep cleaned the shower, vacuumed the dust off the dog fan and the AC closet door, and washed the curtains in the dogs’ area. So pleased to finally have a fresh house again! But somehow Cleaning always makes me feel grouchy and I want to be a Different Person! Someone who isn’t a Slob and has Much Less Stuff all over the place. I assisted Danl in cooking World’s Best Philly Cheesesteaks. I made us a tiny Oreo ice cream dessert since I have “had a taste for it” ever since making them for others lately. Danl mowed and I did a thorough wipeout inside and out on the freezer before plugging it in. Pedaled and enjoyed some Oreo dessert in one of my green glass dessert dishes from Leona Peters. 

 

7.15.22

Roosty’s Morning Crow is sounding more polished! Danielle has taught Rocket how to Sit and Stay like a dog lol. Did Morning Routine, listened to most of little Betsy's funeral, helped Danielle on the next step of Crystal Making, and worked at my desk. FaceTimed with Aunt Sue while I got my lunch around and ate it on the back porch to enjoy the sunny day! Ran to WeCare where we saw Carmela, Rosalie, and Karma and kiddos all unplanned. Scored a Hearth & Hand mug for the teacher’s house, a copper ladle, a whisk, a book, and a shallow clay pot perfect for succulents. So annoyed to see a pedal exerciser for only $2.99! Of course I would find one just after ordering. Argh. Went to Waves for a much-needed wash and vacuum, then to Walmart for watermelon. I can’t pick out a good watermelon to save my life, but I thumped them soundly just for looks before just putting 2 in my cart. Got our weekly milk from the Landis cows. Made baked beans and went to Summer’s 2nd birthday party! Such a fun feast of Italian fried chicken, tater salad, beans, pasta salad, watermelon, and Oreo and fried ice cream desserts! 

 

7.16.22

School Cleaning! And exactly 1 month until the First Day of School! Should’ve journeyed to Steve’s for watermelon because the first one I cut was inedible; the 2nd one was somewhat better. Wanted to be there by at least 9:00, but it was 9:30 when we arrived. When I told Danielle she could wipe the baseboards in the room we were working in, she replied, “What’s a baseboard?!” Be sure your lack of cleaning shall find you out! But now she knows! And maybe she’ll clean ours. Karma, Kinsley, Danielle and I headed for Pensacola shortly before lunch was served, since local Pensacola author Emily Ley had rescheduled her book signing at Barnes & Noble. Lunched at Panda Express. Weren’t fortunate enough to be given fortune cookies. Joined the small semi-circle of women and children gathered around Emily! She was every bit the epitome of southern elegance in her white eyelet dress with her 3 adorable kids around her. She read her new children’s book You're Always Enough, interjecting interesting comments here and there as she went along. Then we got to speak with her and she signed ALL my books. Only 5 copies of When Less Becomes More and 3 copies of You’re Always Enough. From there we went to Crazy Cazboys, only to be disappointed to learn that they are closing next Wednesday. Didn’t seem like they had gotten a new shipment on Thursday either. Next stop was Hobby Lobby. Wall Decor was not 50% off this week, so I just Idea Shopped for the teacher’s house. Crumbl Cookie was up next! Tried Lemon, PB&J, Pop-Tart, and Danielle wanted a Chocolate Chip. Then to Ever'man Coop for vitamins and Lemon Zinger fresh pressed juice drinks. Last stop was Ministry Village thrift shop before heading home. Grilled sausage, a packet of squash, onions, and bacon, and steaks for supper. Jace’s stopped by and chatted since they were bebopping around in Bonnie. 

 

7.17.22

Breakfast was super thick sliced bacon with the rind still on from Costellos; along with Crumbl cookies and coffee for me. Felt so good to be back in Southern Harbor for Sunday School and church! Went to David and Tara’s for delicious burgers, leftover beans from Summer’s party, and Brazilian potato salad created by David. The sun amazingly shone all day! Tara, Danielle, and I went down to the creek for several hours to enjoy the sunshine there. Danielle had a blast making friends and playing with two little boys named Ezra and Chip. Snacked around some more (had my first taste of Brazilian cheese bread! Yum!) before heading back home. A very good relaxing day. I’m trying to have Sunday’s be a Mostly Screen-Free Day like the Wade Kaufmann family does. Pretty pleased with 2 hours 3 minutes. Could be better, could be worse!

 

Simple Satisfaction of the Week: Realizing in Sunday School that if I knew tomorrow was my last day on earth, that I would simply want to be on my phone less, while praying, hugging, and laughing more! 


Rueful Regret of the Week:
Not starting to sew new frocks for Rachelle’s wedding.



1 comment:

  1. Always look forward to your post on Monday! 🤩

    ReplyDelete