Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A Monday Midday Stroll

(I do have a birthday post partially written, but since I quickly jotted this down yesterday as part of a group challenge, I decided to post it here for my posterity!) 



A Monday Midday Stroll…

•Sounds like birds tweeting away with raucous abandon! (No social media limits for them!)

•It smells like mud, and green things growing too fast, and the neighbor’s freshly-cut grass. 

•A Monday midday stroll looks like ominous, blue clouds building and brewing up another summer thunderstorm. 

•It tastes salty from the sweat beading on my stiff upper lip. (I can do this. πŸ’ͺ🏼)

•Even though it feels like a blanket that’s been wrapped too tightly around me, slowly smothering me in the 73% humidity, this Monday midday stroll made my heart feel full. 

smf 6-21-21



5 comments: