Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I Feel FALL in the Air


I feel Fall in the air...a skittish briskness banishing humidity into oblivion, the crisp breeze wisping through my messy hair.

I see Fall in the air... garish scarecrows standing forlornly in grocery stores, peanut dust rising in billows everywhere.

I hear Fall in the air... the bang of city shotguns shooting smugly at dove, crunchy leaves dancing down from the trees without a care.

I smell Fall in the air... the sultriness of summer slinking away like an unwanted demon, a smoky fire crackling in which to stare.

I taste Fall in the air... a spicy sweet potato pie cooling on the counter, Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte catching me in its snare.

I love Fall in the air...memories of true love beginning eleven years ago, falling over and over again for the man whose life I share.



smf
10.27.2015

4 comments:

  1. Nice fall poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely:) keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It wasn't a long or complicated poem, but I tried to add some local flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete