Monday, January 13, 2014

saturday to saturday meal planning

Meal Planning is amazing! When I have a plan and have the groceries, I am so much more enthused about making grub! Even on school nights when I am zonked....

I bought loads of food at the local Pig last Friday evening. Here's what I've made so far, and what the projected feasts of the week are.

SATURDAY BRUNCH - Bacon, cheese grits, fried eggs, and a new recipe from my PW Holiday Cookbook! Maple Bacon Scones....I made a half recipe as Daniel wasn't too excited about them...let me know if you want the recipe; I can't find it anywhere on the web.

PWsconestall Pioneer Womans Holiday Cookbook and Maple Bacon Scones


 And were they ever scrummy!

SATURDAY SUPPER - Cheesy Double-Decker deerburger tacos, leftover sopa, tortilla chips

SUNDAY BREAKFAST - Kinda Dry Cinnamon Rolls from the freezer

SUNDAY - Daniel's Amazing Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese-Filled Grilled Vension Steaks, Joy the Baker's lemon poppy seed muffins, http://joythebaker.com/2009/11/lemon-poppy-seed-muffins/ Joy loves to add browned butter to her recipes; this was my first experience and I must say it was terrific! I didn't have any lemons to zest though, so the muffins weren't quite lemony enough...

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffing


SUNDAY SNACK - Peach strawberry orange pineapple smoothies

{Mon. - Fri. will be suppers only since we are busy eating sammiches and potpies and peanut butter poptarts for breakfasts and lunches during the week.}

MONDAY - Fried flounder, cheese grits, green beans.

TUESDAY - Corned beef in Crock-pot, steamed cabbage, store-bought apple sauce

WEDNESDAY - Grilled ham paninis with horseradish sauce, chips

THURSDAY - Garlic Swiss Venison Steaks over rice, zipper peas

FRIDAY - Buffalo chicken strips, blackened okra, garlic cheese biscuits

SATURDAY - Christmas Brunch and Supper at folks! {We are all goin' over to spend night on Friday so we can wake up and open our presents in our pj's! Can't wait, I am so excited!!!}

That's it for the week! And, don't forget to go to the last post and sign up for the giveaway!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could make myself do more weekly meal plans! Would take so much of the stress of not knowing what to make out of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I agree!! Also, I think we eat a touch more balanced, more veggies & fruits, when I meal plan...I'm not good at cooking heathfully! We love fried food and cheese :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love meal planning too; wish i took time for it more regularly! all your meals sound so good =)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :) Come join us!

      Delete
  3. You look like superwoman to me- the last 2 nights I came home from school and told the guys they're on their own for supper! Even with a freezer full of food made by kind ladies helping me out I was too...stressed? lazy? tired? to put a meal on the table :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey don't beat yourself up!! I've had way too many of those nights myself!! Doing this much cooking was rare! And BTW, Thursday's meal never happened! ;)

      Delete